Monday, September 1, 2014

Ethnic series of Africa by Gloria Poole of Missouri

Ethnic series sketch of Senegal West Africa wrestler by Gloria Poole of Missouri 1 Sept 2014 acrylic on 9x12 paper. 
I put a gloss acrylic varnish over this painting because in the BBC photo the wrestler was glistening with sweat and water from the drinking bottle.  But the gloss varnish [because it is very thick] smeared my signature in watercolor but it is my signature. I drew this in watercolor pencils first, so scroll down to see that . I draw first before painting 99% of the time, but sometimes I draw in graphite, or charcoal, or sepia, or ink. I erased my notes in pencil on the do-over except for the title because I thought about painting in a background, then decided not too. 

Preliminary drawing with watercolor pencils of ethnic series sketch Senegal West Africa wrestler, by Gloria Poole. I drew my version of a photo I saw in the BBC news yesterday, which was a great photo. I do not think I did justice to the photo. I do not attempt to exactly reproduce a private person as a general rule so I modify it some to make it different so it is more an artist's interpretation, instead of an exact likeness of a real, living, private person. 

Ethnic series Nigerian Festival married woman [hair -do is symbol of that] sketch in acrylics and watercolor, by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia; 1 Sept 2014, on 9x 12 watercolor paper.  I drew this first in watercolor pencils and graphite and if you scroll you will see the first version of this sketch that is watercolor pencils. The background of cross-hatching is watercolor .

Preliminary drawing of Nigerian Festival married woman sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri on 31 August 2014. I repainted this in acrylics which is the photo above this one.

Copyright notice: this blog and all content on it is created by me Gloria Poole residing in Missouri but born in the state of Georgia, and it is covered by U S copyright law. This blog and or its individual posts may not be transferred to anyone anywhere, nor be saved to disk, nor downloaded, nor printed at remote,  nor copied, nor photo-copied [screen-captured] , nor in any way wit any method be reproduced. I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to all art and photos I create  with any method of technique or medium on any surface anywhere any location any reason or no reason, whether or not I photograph it on any camera, phone, etc, and whether or not I publicly display it anywhere. I have never signed a blanket waiver of my copyrights to art I have created and do not have an artist's rep [agent] to represent me, and never did]. I drew, painted, signed, photographed and uploaded all art on this blog and on all blogs I own and create.

For the record and to establish provenance of art I have already created also: these sketches are part of an on-going series of art I created since year 2006 beginning in Aurora, Colorado when I lived there for one year, that is named "ethnic series by Gloria" [me] .  I moved from Aurora to zip code 80203 for 2 /12 years and then moved to Missouri on Oct 31, 2009 with the art I had in my possession at that time. I paint some of the sketches I created  in do-overs into oils on canvas and those are very visible on the web. I put many of them on my mini exhibit of art at https://mini-exhibition.blogspot.com, and also on my Picasa albums at https://picasaweb.google.com/gloriapoole.  I, Gloria Poole, am a white, Southern Baptist Christian, woman, single-again, twice-divorced, republican, personhood promoter, prolife activist-blogger, photographer, artist in all mediums, poet, author, illustrator, cartoonist, writer, University of Georgia alumna, U S citizen born in the state of Georgia [but I lived in several places including New York, UK briefly, Nebraska, South Carolina, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina], former TV producer,tweeter, Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri [but before that in Georgia, UK, other states]  and citizen journo . Gloria Poole is my real, born with legal name and I resumed it legally by Court order at the time of divorce from male DBP in Colorado in Oct, 2007 in Centennial, Colorado; and I also removed the Pappas name from my name forevermore at the time of final decree . I was glad to end that four year horrible marriage of multiple trauma and injuries to me caused by male DBP, [which I testified about in Court on several occasions ].  That second divorce is public record in the state of Colorado, and my first divorce is public record in the state of Georgia. I have created art reglarly since 1991, and I had formal training in drawing and in mixing colors /paint and painting in oils.

Copyright. Gloria Poole also known as Gloria and Gloria Poole, RN, artist and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; artist-gloriapoole; @gloriapoole; @gloria_poole; gloria0817; gpoole817; Ms. Gloria Poole; Poole.Gloria; gloriapoole-paintings; cartooning-by-gloriapoole; photo-by-gloriapoole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo in which the RN is standard abbreviation for Registered Nurse, at my own, private apt in Missouri which is not shared with anyone, on 1 Sept 2014 at 10:03am.