Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ethnic series sketch of Bosnian by Gloria Poole of Missouri

Ethnic sketch of a Kosovo, Bosnia bride with face painted white and a design drawn on it, and beaded head-dress, similar to what I saw in the AFP [Agence France] news yesterday, and tried to draw from the computer screen. It is not an exact likeness of either the woman in the news or the costume but only similar to it.  In the news photos the dress was not visible so I assumed it was same color as headdress but that may not be reality of traditional weddings in Bosnia. I, Gloria Poole, currently residing in Missouri but born in state of Georgia, drew this free-hand [as always] painted it signed it, photographed it and uploaded it to this blog of mine today 5 July 2014 at 8:30am. It  is mixed media or watercolors and acrylics on 9 x 12 watercolor paper. It is not a perfect sketch by any means, but a rough draft sort of. I think the news photo the lips weren't bluish but pure white. I didn't realize that blue was still in my brush when I added in the lips. In the news photo that bride had her eyes closed. 


This is one of about 150 ethnic series sketches and  about 30 ethnic series oil paintings
I, Gloria Poole, have painted on ethnic series since year 2006 but painted , drew, and sketched , signed, photographed regularly since about 1991 beginning in Atlanta, GA I had formal training in drawing from life but have basically taught myself to paint with exception of a 3 month course from  college to teach me the basics of oil painting.  I have second degree in business from University of Georgia, and a separate entire education as my first career and work experience as Registered Nurse.  I think working in operating room for six years at different hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers helped me draw and paint humans and/ or pretend humans since that is an upclose and personal view of the inside of human bodies.  I have an entire set of albums on Picasa of ethnic series oil paintings and sketches I have been creating since 2006 at https://Picasawweb.google.com/gloriapoole and select the album marked "ethnic series" and or "paintings by gloriapoole" or similar names and double click each one to enlarge to see the detail.  I have another Picasa set of albums at https://picasaweb.google.com/gloria0817 and it may have different ethnic series and or oil paintings, sketches and genre photographs that I drew, sketched, painted, signed, photographed.  It's an on-going project to create an art image of every ethnic group in the world. 

Also, I have many of the ethnic series I have drawn, painted and signed on my mini exhibit of art I created blog at:  https://mini-exhibition.blogspot.com . For more about me the artist, see https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com and the blog I have had since about year 2003 when I was married a second time but now divorced for years, at https://gloriapoolepappas.blogspot.com. I removed the Pappas name from my name by order of Arapahoe County Colorado District Court Judge at time of final decree of divorce from [male [ DBP] . Also, for the record: I  am white, Southern Baptist Christian, woman and single again, and the natural, biological mother of two grown daughters who are Jennifer and Leigh. I, Gloria Poole, also am an artist in all mediums, a photographer for my own purposes, a citizen journo, a poet,  an author, a prolife activist/blogger, and a personhood amendment promoter.

Copyright Notice: this blog and its contents, in entirety belong to me Gloria Poole of Missouri exclusively, and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to it; and it may not be transferred to anyone anywhere, nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor be saved to disk, nor downloaded, nor copied, nor photo-copied, nor republished, nor screen-captured by anyone [other than me myself Gloria Poole of Missouri] as creator of original content that is copyrighted as intellectual property under U S copyright law.
Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole / gloria-poole / gloria.poole / photo-by-gloriapoole / artist-gloriapoole / Ms. Gloria Poole / Poole.Gloria /  Gloria Poole, RN, artist / gloriapoole-paintings / gloria0817 / gpoole817 / cartooning-by-gloriapoole / gloriapoole1749 / gloriapoole.RN /  and other variations of my real, born with, legal name of Gloria Poole, at my own private apt in Missouri that is not shared with anyone, on 5 July 2014 at 8:46am.